Some of my favourite resources
- For those who asked, my talented hairdresser… Ahlam, owner of Maxime Ouest, 5A Centre Commercial, Roxboro 514-676-0677
- For sprouting and growing microgreens, Mumm’s are the best! I like to share 1 kg bags with friends who also enjoy sprouting. That way, the seeds are always fresh. Check out Khang Starr’s awesome series of videos on growing microgreens.
- For nuts, seeds and dried fruit, I love the products and service from Prana! Get together with friends and get free shipping on your online order.
- For flours, grains and beans, I love the products from Club Organic.
- Unitech: They built my last 2 PCs, great service! www.unitech.ca. Ask for Costa.
Health & Wellness
- Natalie Fitzpatrick Pilates, Body Rolling facebook.com/NFBODY
- Yoga, massage, reflexology, meditation www.wanjira.com
- Francyne Poirier, Evolving Health www.santeevolutive.com 514-795-6710
- Holistic psychotherapist, healer and teacher Marlise Witschi M. Psych.
- Johanne Larouche, Acupuncture 514-969-3509
- For your financial fitness: Max Worth, Money Coach
The Journey of Awakening
One of the many issues we face today is the growing urge for spiritual fulfillment. Unlike many years ago, this journey need not be a lonely one. As a guide to removing the blocks to awakening, A Course in Miracles (ACIM) may be for you. Several of my books describe my journey with this incredible teaching. If you need to take hold of your wandering or unruly mind, you may enjoy my Ego Emergency Flareup Extinguishers, originally published in Choosing the Miracle. There are many resources available on the Internet; simply let your guidance lead you to what is appropriate for you. Here are some I share with clients and readers:
- For the spiritually adventurous: Northwest Foundation for ACIM, home of the Raj material; iTunes RajCasts.
- Collection of Raj Workshops (1992-1997), (1985-1991), (1997-2005) as well as books, messages and newsletters, Soundbytes, meditations and more.
- Downloadable free (PDF) A Course in Miracles (ACIM) Sparkly edition.
- Above All Else (mp3) A wonderful centring meditation to start and end your day.
- Healing Dominance (mp3). For those in need of healing.
- Death is a Sacrifice (mp3). A radical perspective on Immortality.
- How to address feelings of responsibility for others (doc) Help for dealing with personal relationships.
Resources for Writers
A couple of lessons I learned about writing is that the first draft is always crap, and writing is rewriting… you gotta love it! Expect that you will be spending a lot of time at the computer, and less time out partying. 🙂 After suffering from a nasty case of frozen shoulder a few years back, I have picked up a couple of tricks to make the process less physically stressful. My first draft is usually recorded, much of it while out on my daily walks. I use a Sony Digital Voice Recorder (available at Amazon) which is inexpensive, small and fits easily in a pocket or waist pouch. Then I play back the contents and dictate it using a speech recognition program, Dragon Naturally Speaking (also available at Amazon). This allows me to gather the initial notes, which I date and label according to topic, then print out and store in a binder. I also generate an index at the end of the document to make finding contents easier. Here are a few helpful resources:
- Self-Publishing Adventure Great resource, especially for Canadian authors.
- CreateSpace Self Publishing the easy way
- Ingram Spark LSI (international distribution) for self publishers
- Overbury Ink, Nancy Overbury, cover art
- WriteItNow Great tool for helping writers plan and organize their material.
- Interview with Pauline Edward for the Writers at Work
- Yahoo Group: pod_publishers
- Library & Archives Canada (ISBN numbers for Canadian authors)
- Seth Godin’s Advice for writers
- Lightning Source (Ingram) Services for Publishers